Monday, August 2, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different

You can't hope the country won't go to hell in a handbasket if you keep taking a polarized position on everything.  To that end, this blog was supposed to be about furthering the discussion.  It ended up being just another liberal, polarized posting ground.

To that end, I'm inviting some conservative friends to come write.  They can counterpoint my posts, or I can counterpoint theirs.  Or we could, and I know I'm stretching here, agree on some things.

The dialogue in this country has to become civilized again.  And we're going to attempt some civilized dialogue here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm all for civilized dialog. I have a rule at PP that arguments, however heated, must be on issues and ideas with no personal attacks against me or anyone who comments there. There are actually a couple lefty bloggers who refuse to visit PP, because I deleted their personal attacks against righties. Overall, the policy has not worked very well, because the positions of today's right are often so indefensible that they have retreated into personal attack when pressed on them.

    Good luck with this.

    ReplyDelete